Richard F. Waigand, CPA
Rich brings more than 28 years of experience in a wide range of accounting, tax, and management consulting to his role as one of the firm’s Senior Partners. At SFW, Rich uses his knowledge in accounting, auditing, tax, and business finances along with his passion to serve others to bring a unique client service experience to SFW’s clients. Rich chooses public accounting as a way to serve our community, helping business and nonprofit organization better serve their customers and clients. Rich’s areas of industry specialization include construction, real estate, hospitality (hotel and restaurant), not-for-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans.
Prior to joining SFW, Rich served the clients of Humes & Barrington for 11 years, including two years as an audit partner. In addition, Rich served for two years as a bank examiner for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Rich has significant experience assisting clients with developing business plans for banks and other forms of non-traditional financing. He regularly helps clients with merger and acquisition activities from both the acquisition and selling sides of the transaction. In addition, Rich frequently assists clients with gaining an advanced understanding of an organization’s cost structure.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accountancy, Missouri State University, 1992
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1993
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC)
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MOCPA)
Current Community Activities
- Secretary and Treasurer of the St. Louis Partnership Certified Development Company
- Loan Committee Member for St. Louis Partnership 504 Loan Program
- Board Member of Lafayette Industries
Past Community Activities
- Board President of Howard Park Center
- Treasurer of Des Peres Rotary Club
- CYC Youth Soccer Coach